Newham health trust makes it to green IT shortlist
Staff at Newham University NHS Trust are celebrating after it was nominated for an innovative energy saving project.
The Trust has been selected as a finalist for the Green IT Awards 2011 in the Public Sector Projects category.
The nomination is for the energy saving Nightwatchman project which was implemented last year, to reduce the amount of wasted energy used by computers that were left switched on, when not in use.
The project has made a huge impact and last year the Trust won the Greenest Hospital Award for the significant improvements to energy savings, cost and a reduced level of C02 emissions that have been achieved through this project.
Shaun Jeffrey, for the Trust, said. “We are really excited to have been nominated and shortlisted. We are glad that we can be a forefront example and hopefully a motivation for other big organisations and companies in making a decision to contribute towards a greener and safer planet.
You may also want to watch:
“In just one year, we have saved over �18,500 and have also reduced our carbon emissions by approximately 143,000 metric tonnes. These savings, coupled with a shift in awareness and behaviour amongst our staff were some of the keystone reasons behind the nomination.”
The awards showcase and reward the technology, tools and solutions, along with the organisations and companies, who have made a significant contribution to energy saving. The Trust will find out if it has won the award on May 19.
- 1 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 4 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 5 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 6 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Leyton Orient announce Embleton exit
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Newham Council is making a difference