Newham General Hospital hosts family fun day in Plaistow
Newham General Hospital opened its doors to residents last week for a free fun day of health checks, live music and a history exhibition.
From 11am to 3pm on Wednesday, St Andrew’s Wing at the Plaistow hospital invited the community in to enjoy live entertainment, such as magicians, and music for all the family.
The sun beamed down on the event which was also a good opportunity to take advantage of a range of free health checks.
Medical professionals were on hand to take blood pressure, check blood-sugar levels, conduct weight checks and residents even had the chance to talk to specialist nurses about general health advice and problems.
The hospital, in Glen Road, also celebrated its 29 year history in a new photographic exhibition.
Exhibits documented the hospital’s various landmarks and success since its opening in 1983.
Patients wanting to get more involved in representing their healthcare service found out how at a stand where people could sign up for free membership of their NHS Trust.
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Colleges offer 'alternative paths' towards fruitful careers, principal says
- 4 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 NewVIc’s SU President reflects on first year at college: 'It's amazing for those who want to be here!'
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
As the month of March draws to a close, the Trust looks forward to a new future for patient care in east London with the proposed merger of Newham Whipps Cross and Barts and the London NHS Trusts on the horizon.