Newham General Hospital hosts family fun day in Plaistow
Newham General Hospital opened its doors to residents last week for a free fun day of health checks, live music and a history exhibition.
From 11am to 3pm on Wednesday, St Andrew’s Wing at the Plaistow hospital invited the community in to enjoy live entertainment, such as magicians, and music for all the family.
The sun beamed down on the event which was also a good opportunity to take advantage of a range of free health checks.
Medical professionals were on hand to take blood pressure, check blood-sugar levels, conduct weight checks and residents even had the chance to talk to specialist nurses about general health advice and problems.
The hospital, in Glen Road, also celebrated its 29 year history in a new photographic exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
Exhibits documented the hospital’s various landmarks and success since its opening in 1983.
Patients wanting to get more involved in representing their healthcare service found out how at a stand where people could sign up for free membership of their NHS Trust.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
As the month of March draws to a close, the Trust looks forward to a new future for patient care in east London with the proposed merger of Newham Whipps Cross and Barts and the London NHS Trusts on the horizon.