Newham communities get to focus on health services
Newham residents have for the first time formed part of a panel to help review the borough’s health service commissioning strategy plan for next year.
It is the first time that local residents have been involved at this level with East London and City NHS and local commissioning groups.
The members of Newham LINk (Local Involvement Network) have recently formed a community reference group which examined the basis on which decisions about health services are made, assessing their effectiveness and encouraging transparency.
Three meetings were held in October and November. A de-briefing session followed this month to consider the whole process and how local involvement in decision making can be developed and improved.
A host of queries and questions were raised by the panel and have yet to be answered but members gave their thumbs up for a positive first step in getting local people involved with the future of their health services.
You may also want to watch:
Newham LINk is a network of groups and individuals which encourages people to get involved and have their say in how local Health and Social Care services are planned, commissioned and delivered. The LINk has legal powers to hold services to account and the right to enter and view premises where services are provided such as local hospitals, GP surgeries, health centres and care homes.
To find out more about Newham LINk, contact Mahvash Aslam at (020) 7473 9512 or email: email@example.com
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school