Newham businesses urged to get pedalling as Tour de France about to kick off
- Credit: ASO
Businesses in Newham, which is hosting the Tour de France, are being urged to get pedalling as part of the Workplace Challenge.
The number of weekly cyclists is now over 2.1 million and workplaces are being urged to realise the business benefits from regular cycling.
Now, to coincide with what is known as the biggest annual sporting event, the County Sports Partnership Network (CSPN) are encouraging businesses in areas where the Tour De France route will pass through to get involved in a four week cycling challenge as part of the Workplace Challenge.
The challenge is for workplaces to cycle more and to compete against other workplaces to be top of the leaderboards.
It began on Monday June 30 and will end on July 28 following the end of Le Tour in Paris. Workplaces will be encouraged to log all forms of cycling to compete against other individuals, departments and workplaces on the Workplace Challenge leaderboards.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the challenge workplaces can log any cycling activity completed and monitor distance travelled, CO2 saved and activity points gained as they compete to cycle the most during Le Tour. Cycling to work, lunch time rides, spinning classes and recreational cycling are all included.
The platform, which has received funding support from Sport England and is supported by the British Heart Foundation’s Health at Work programme, is built on the growing trend for digital sharing.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex