New surgery opens
Health staff have been celebrating the opening of a new surgery which also boasts a pharmacy on the same site.
The surgery is an off-shoot of the existing The Practice Albert Road in Wesley Street in Britannia Village in Silvertown.
It consists of two consulting rooms and a treatment room and follows the successful refurbishment of Kennard Street Health Centre which re-opened as The Practice Albert Road in May last year.
It brings much needed access to GP services to the Britannia Village area as well as providing increased capacity. It gives a choice of sites where new patients and existing patients of The Practice Albert Road can see a GP.
Local resident and Chair of West Silvertown Foundation Trust, Councillor Steve Brayshaw: “This GP practice will be a fabulous addition to Britannia Village and its surrounding area. As a Councillor and local resident I am looking forward to being one of the first to register at the new practice site and congratulate everybody involved for providing this new facility for the people of Britannia Village”.
You may also want to watch:
Amelia Staniland, Head of Operations at The Practice plc, who will be running the new branch GP surgery, said: “We are delighted The Practice Britannia Village is now open. It will further add to the healthcare services on offer to our existing patients at Albert Road as well as new patients who chose to register with us”.
The opening was also attended by Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales and Marie Gabriel, Chair of NHS East London and the City. Both praised the staff for getting the new facility ready.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash