More than 100 patients with Covid-19 at Barts Trust hospitals
- Credit: Alastair Lockhart LDR
There are more than 100 patients with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals.
As of 8am on August 4, the trust had 134 in-patients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London; The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Newham Hospital, Newham and Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, seven were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 35 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
As of 5pm on August 3, a total of 1,856 patients hospitalised with Covid-19 at Barts hospitals have died.
You may also want to watch:
For the same period, 16,316 have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
- 10 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled