Fast-track orthopaedic surgery hub to be established in Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
A new fast-track surgery hub in Plaistow will help patients get routine orthopaedic procedures sooner and reduce waiting lists.
Surgical hubs established at Barts Health sites across London will deliver 24 types of routine operations - substantially boosting the amount of planned surgery that can be carried out.
Newham Hospital’s Gateway Surgical Centre will provide five orthopaedic procedures, including hip and knee replacements.
Clinical director Dr Nick Bunker said: “Operations that were cancelled or postponed because of the pandemic are being rapidly rescheduled, and by keeping these hubs Covid-free, we’re ensuring they’re safe for people to be treated in.
“Another big benefit of the hubs is that patients will be treated by surgeons who are performing the same type of surgery day in, day out.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff in the hubs will care only for surgical patients to minimise infection risk.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections