More Newham residents can take part in run
An extra 180 residents now have the chance to take part in the National Lottery anniversary run after Newham Council secured additional slots.
It now means that more than 1,200 of the borough’s residents can take part in the first event at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the Olympic Stadium since last summer’s successful Olympics. An additional 2,400 family members or friends will be in the stadium to cheer on the runners.
Sir Robin Wales Mayor of Newham said: “I’m pleased to announce that we have managed to secure 180 free additional places for Newham residents to take part in the National Lottery Anniversary Run.
“This is on top of the 750 free exclusive places already secured for residents in the run and 350 places in the family run. It’s a truly wonderful opportunity for Newham residents.”
The run is due to take place on July 21. The adult version will take participants on a five-mile course around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, past iconic venues including the Velodrome and the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
A shorter family fun run for children (accompanied by an adult) will take place on the same day.
Both events end with participants running on the track in the Olympic Stadium and crossing the same finishing line as Usain Bolt and Jessica Ennis.
- 1 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 2 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 3 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Moncur 'overwhelmed' to join Leyton Orient
- 6 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 7 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 8 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 9 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 10 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
To book your place in the run, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is giving away 10 places to the first 10 Newham residents to email email@example.com after 10am today with their full name, email address, postal address, post code and telephone number.