More Newham residents can take part in run
An extra 180 residents now have the chance to take part in the National Lottery anniversary run after Newham Council secured additional slots.
It now means that more than 1,200 of the borough’s residents can take part in the first event at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and the Olympic Stadium since last summer’s successful Olympics. An additional 2,400 family members or friends will be in the stadium to cheer on the runners.
Sir Robin Wales Mayor of Newham said: “I’m pleased to announce that we have managed to secure 180 free additional places for Newham residents to take part in the National Lottery Anniversary Run.
“This is on top of the 750 free exclusive places already secured for residents in the run and 350 places in the family run. It’s a truly wonderful opportunity for Newham residents.”
The run is due to take place on July 21. The adult version will take participants on a five-mile course around Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, past iconic venues including the Velodrome and the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
You may also want to watch:
A shorter family fun run for children (accompanied by an adult) will take place on the same day.
Both events end with participants running on the track in the Olympic Stadium and crossing the same finishing line as Usain Bolt and Jessica Ennis.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
To book your place in the run, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is giving away 10 places to the first 10 Newham residents to email email@example.com after 10am today with their full name, email address, postal address, post code and telephone number.