Stratford Covid jab centre visited by London mayor and vaccines minister
- Credit: ELFT
Stratford vaccination centre staff have been thanked for their work by mayor of London Sadiq Khan and vaccines minister Nadhim Zahawi.
Mr Khan and Mr Zahawi visited the centre in the Westfield shopping complex while in Stratford for the recent Vaccine Summit in London, where they joined NHS officials and health, community, faith and business leaders to discuss the jab rollout.
East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) chief medical officer Dr Paul Gilluley introduced Mr Khan to the centre staff during the visit on June 25.
Dr Gilluley said: “The staff here are the crème de la crème.
“They built this centre up from the start and the gratitude that people show upon being vaccinated is fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Khan thanked staff for their efforts and told them they should be proud of the part they are playing to save lives.
Senior clinical team manager Chika Ezeagu told Mr Khan: “I’m so glad to be here. I don’t want to be anywhere else.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
“This is such an important job and I’m working with a great team here.”