Macmillan Cancer Support bringing free information and advice service to Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A free cancer information and support service is coming to Newham, with a focus on promoting skin cancer awareness.
Macmillan Cancer Support's mobile information bus will be parked opposite Stratford Library on Grove Road on Friday, July 12, from 9am to 3pm, where cancer information specialists will be on-hand to answer questions.
Anyone with concerns relating to cancer is encouraged to drop in - whether it's about possible symptoms, treatment advice, financial options, or how best to support a loved one.
Visitors can have an informal and confidential chat with specialists and receive expert support, or pick up a range of up-to date information booklets about numerous cancer types and associated issues.
No appointment is necessary and it is all free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
Cancer information specialist Wendy Marchant said: "With more sunny weather forecast and the risk of developing skin cancer increasing at this time of year, we will also be giving guidance on how to protect your skin from the sun's rays, as well as highlighting the signs and symptoms of this type of cancer."
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 4 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 7 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 8 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder