Macmillan Cancer Support bringing free information and advice service to Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A free cancer information and support service is coming to Newham, with a focus on promoting skin cancer awareness.
Macmillan Cancer Support's mobile information bus will be parked opposite Stratford Library on Grove Road on Friday, July 12, from 9am to 3pm, where cancer information specialists will be on-hand to answer questions.
Anyone with concerns relating to cancer is encouraged to drop in - whether it's about possible symptoms, treatment advice, financial options, or how best to support a loved one.
Visitors can have an informal and confidential chat with specialists and receive expert support, or pick up a range of up-to date information booklets about numerous cancer types and associated issues.
No appointment is necessary and it is all free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
Cancer information specialist Wendy Marchant said: "With more sunny weather forecast and the risk of developing skin cancer increasing at this time of year, we will also be giving guidance on how to protect your skin from the sun's rays, as well as highlighting the signs and symptoms of this type of cancer."
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 5 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 6 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 7 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 8 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station