Macmillan Cancer Support bringing free information and advice service to Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A free cancer information and support service is coming to Newham, with a focus on promoting skin cancer awareness.
Macmillan Cancer Support's mobile information bus will be parked opposite Stratford Library on Grove Road on Friday, July 12, from 9am to 3pm, where cancer information specialists will be on-hand to answer questions.
Anyone with concerns relating to cancer is encouraged to drop in - whether it's about possible symptoms, treatment advice, financial options, or how best to support a loved one.
Visitors can have an informal and confidential chat with specialists and receive expert support, or pick up a range of up-to date information booklets about numerous cancer types and associated issues.
No appointment is necessary and it is all free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
Cancer information specialist Wendy Marchant said: "With more sunny weather forecast and the risk of developing skin cancer increasing at this time of year, we will also be giving guidance on how to protect your skin from the sun's rays, as well as highlighting the signs and symptoms of this type of cancer."
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money