West Ham MP has jab and urges people to accept Covid-19 vaccine
- Credit: Office of Lyn Brown
The MP for West Ham has urged everyone to get the Covid-19 vaccine after receiving her inoculation.
Lyn Brown was vaccinated at Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health & Wellbeing Centre in Stratford on Wednesday, February 17.
Ms Brown said: "I was pleased to be called to receive my vaccine. I have watched the first four target groups of residents get themselves vaccinated with delight and now it is my turn.
"I was grateful to be able to attend the centre in Stratford. The staff were lovely, efficient and helpful. I’m happy to report it didn’t hurt at all. I don’t even have a scratch.
"It is so important all residents accept their invitation and go to their appointment. Our NHS has been absolutely brilliant throughout this pandemic and are rolling out the vaccine quickly and efficiently. I have been so impressed with the way our GPs in Newham have operated the vaccine service.
You may also want to watch:
"Please everyone, when your time comes, have the jab. Let’s get back to normal, safely, as soon as we can."
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines