Living medicine course in Stratford
People interested in growing their own food can still sign up for a five-part course to be run in Stratford.
The course, called A Foundation In Self Care with Food & Herbs, will be run on Saturday mornings from 10.30am until 1.30pm from September 7 until October 5. The courses will be based at the Medicinal Herb Garden at the University of East London in Water Lane. The course will be led by practising medical herbalist Gail Farrow.
It will cover:
• a simple food/herb self-care kit of skills for everyday health
• your own health and food intake
You may also want to watch:
• how our health is influenced by the soil, environment, emotions and other factors
• the healing qualities of plants and foods and how they act on our bodies/minds
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
• learning how to choose the appropriate food or herb for a specific condition
• mapping local food/herb growing and green spaces