How you can find out about Newham General Hospital merger plans
A series of drop-in sessions will be held to tell people about the merger between Newham, Whipps Cross and Barts and the London hospitals.
They will take place at Newham General hospital in Plaistow, throughout October and early November on the following dates:
• October 21 – Zone 6, Ground Floor, 9.30-11.30am
• October 25 – GSC, Ground Floor – 9.30-11.30am
• November 2– St Andrew’s Wing, Ground Floor, 9.30-11.30am
You may also want to watch:
You can pick up a copy of the merger prospectus, which sets out the benefits for patients and staff of the merger and have any questions answered.
Newham, Whipps Cross and Barts and the London hospitals are working together to develop a business case for a merger between the three organisations. This move will reduce back-office duplication, in areas such as finance and HR, and release significant savings for reinvestment back into patient care. The Trusts are expected to submit their full proposals to NHS London in the autumn.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
All three organisations believe a merged organisation will be able to compete clinically with the best in the world. Mike Gill, Medical Director at Newham, said: “The merger is a marvellous opportunity to improve services for our patients. By working with GPs, commissioners and patients, we have a unique opportunity to innovate and improve the health of our community.”
For more information about the merger, call (020) 7092 5287 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org