How you can find out about Newham General Hospital merger plans
A series of drop-in sessions will be held to tell people about the merger between Newham, Whipps Cross and Barts and the London hospitals.
They will take place at Newham General hospital in Plaistow, throughout October and early November on the following dates:
• October 21 – Zone 6, Ground Floor, 9.30-11.30am
• October 25 – GSC, Ground Floor – 9.30-11.30am
• November 2– St Andrew’s Wing, Ground Floor, 9.30-11.30am
You can pick up a copy of the merger prospectus, which sets out the benefits for patients and staff of the merger and have any questions answered.
Newham, Whipps Cross and Barts and the London hospitals are working together to develop a business case for a merger between the three organisations. This move will reduce back-office duplication, in areas such as finance and HR, and release significant savings for reinvestment back into patient care. The Trusts are expected to submit their full proposals to NHS London in the autumn.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 5 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 6 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 9 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 10 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
All three organisations believe a merged organisation will be able to compete clinically with the best in the world. Mike Gill, Medical Director at Newham, said: “The merger is a marvellous opportunity to improve services for our patients. By working with GPs, commissioners and patients, we have a unique opportunity to innovate and improve the health of our community.”
For more information about the merger, call (020) 7092 5287 or send an e-mail to email@example.com