London Marathon: Hospital manager swapping sidelines for streets
- Credit: Barts NHS Trust
Catriona Rowland can usually be found cheering on London Marathon runners - but this year she’ll be taking on the challenge herself.
The Newham University Hospital quality improvement manager is running in support of Barts Charity, which supports the work of the NHS trust that runs the hospital.
Catriona, who lives in Woodford, said: “I love London and I love the atmosphere of the London Marathon. I take sandwiches, drinks and sun lotion to the finish line to support the runners and stay until everyone else has gone home.
“Until now, I could never understand how they did it.”
She took up running two years ago as a way to lose weight and has gone on to encourage others in the hospital to exercise more.
But her main focus is on reaching her fundraising target of £4,000.
“I got £5 off my bus driver and £1 off a lady on the bus,” she said.
- 1 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
- 2 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 3 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 4 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 5 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 10 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
To sponsor Catriona, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/CatrionaRowland