London Marathon: Hospital manager swapping sidelines for streets
- Credit: Barts NHS Trust
Catriona Rowland can usually be found cheering on London Marathon runners - but this year she’ll be taking on the challenge herself.
The Newham University Hospital quality improvement manager is running in support of Barts Charity, which supports the work of the NHS trust that runs the hospital.
Catriona, who lives in Woodford, said: “I love London and I love the atmosphere of the London Marathon. I take sandwiches, drinks and sun lotion to the finish line to support the runners and stay until everyone else has gone home.
“Until now, I could never understand how they did it.”
She took up running two years ago as a way to lose weight and has gone on to encourage others in the hospital to exercise more.
You may also want to watch:
But her main focus is on reaching her fundraising target of £4,000.
“I got £5 off my bus driver and £1 off a lady on the bus,” she said.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
To sponsor Catriona, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/CatrionaRowland