Hospital chief calls for public help to improve NHS in east London
The NHS chief running east London’s six major hospitals who was knighted in the New Year’s Honours is looking for volunteers to help shape the future of his NHS trust.
Bart’s Health chairman Sir Stephen O’Brien wants them to sit on the trust’s Patient & Public forum to help improve services and forge links with the community. A series of drop-in meetings is being held for those interested.
“Our vision is to change lives and have health services that east London can be proud of,” he said. “We can only achieve our goals by listening and responding to patients and the community.”
Volunteers would attend five meetings a year in east London. Closing date for applications is 5pm January 25, with applicants invited to a selection process in February.
The Trust is holding information drop-in sessions about the forum at all six hospitals:
You may also want to watch:
Jan 7, Royal London’s outpatients’ dept, 1-4pm
Jan 8, London Chest outpatients, 9.30am-12pm
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'
Jan 9, Whipps Cross outpatients, 9.30am-12pm
Jan 9, Newham General main corridor, 1-4pm
Jan 10, Mile End outpatients, 9.30am-12pm
Jan 11, St Bartholomew’s outpatients, 9.30am-12pm.
Details are available by post to the trust’s Patient Experience Team at Whitechapel’s Aneurin Bevan House, 81 Commercial Road, London E1 1RD, or by phone, 020-7092 5576