Hospital chief calls for public help to improve NHS in east London
The NHS chief running east London’s six major hospitals who was knighted in the New Year’s Honours is looking for volunteers to help shape the future of his NHS trust.
Bart’s Health chairman Sir Stephen O’Brien wants them to sit on the trust’s Patient & Public forum to help improve services and forge links with the community. A series of drop-in meetings is being held for those interested.
“Our vision is to change lives and have health services that east London can be proud of,” he said. “We can only achieve our goals by listening and responding to patients and the community.”
Volunteers would attend five meetings a year in east London. Closing date for applications is 5pm January 25, with applicants invited to a selection process in February.
The Trust is holding information drop-in sessions about the forum at all six hospitals:
You may also want to watch:
Jan 7, Royal London’s outpatients’ dept, 1-4pm
Jan 8, London Chest outpatients, 9.30am-12pm
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
Jan 9, Whipps Cross outpatients, 9.30am-12pm
Jan 9, Newham General main corridor, 1-4pm
Jan 10, Mile End outpatients, 9.30am-12pm
Jan 11, St Bartholomew’s outpatients, 9.30am-12pm.
Details are available by post to the trust’s Patient Experience Team at Whitechapel’s Aneurin Bevan House, 81 Commercial Road, London E1 1RD, or by phone, 020-7092 5576