Help for Newham smokers keen to quit
Smokers keen to kick the habit can turn to help from the experts at a variety of events organised in conjunction with National No Smoking Day.
March 14 is National No Smoking Day and health bosses at NHS East London and the City are encouraging smokers to Take the Leap and quit the habit.
Stop smoking advisors will be promoting the campaign across east London and the City providing free and friendly advice, information and support on local stop smoking services.
Some of them will be out, offering information and advice on Wednesday at Newham University Hospital, St Andrews Wing ground floor, in Plaistow from 1.30 to 4pm and in the Central Square of Stratford Shopping Centre, from 9am to 5.30pm
For those who are ready to quit but can’t get to the information stands on the day, continued support is always available from your local GP or pharmacist.
You may also want to watch:
To find the one nearest you visit NHS Choices, www.nhs.uk or call the health hotline on (020) 7364 5016.
More information about National No Smoking Day is on the website: http://www.nosmokingday.org.uk/
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood