Help for Newham smokers keen to quit
Smokers keen to kick the habit can turn to help from the experts at a variety of events organised in conjunction with National No Smoking Day.
March 14 is National No Smoking Day and health bosses at NHS East London and the City are encouraging smokers to Take the Leap and quit the habit.
Stop smoking advisors will be promoting the campaign across east London and the City providing free and friendly advice, information and support on local stop smoking services.
Some of them will be out, offering information and advice on Wednesday at Newham University Hospital, St Andrews Wing ground floor, in Plaistow from 1.30 to 4pm and in the Central Square of Stratford Shopping Centre, from 9am to 5.30pm
For those who are ready to quit but can’t get to the information stands on the day, continued support is always available from your local GP or pharmacist.
You may also want to watch:
To find the one nearest you visit NHS Choices, www.nhs.uk or call the health hotline on (020) 7364 5016.
More information about National No Smoking Day is on the website: http://www.nosmokingday.org.uk/
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 7 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 8 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip