Help for Newham smokers keen to quit
Smokers keen to kick the habit can turn to help from the experts at a variety of events organised in conjunction with National No Smoking Day.
March 14 is National No Smoking Day and health bosses at NHS East London and the City are encouraging smokers to Take the Leap and quit the habit.
Stop smoking advisors will be promoting the campaign across east London and the City providing free and friendly advice, information and support on local stop smoking services.
Some of them will be out, offering information and advice on Wednesday at Newham University Hospital, St Andrews Wing ground floor, in Plaistow from 1.30 to 4pm and in the Central Square of Stratford Shopping Centre, from 9am to 5.30pm
For those who are ready to quit but can’t get to the information stands on the day, continued support is always available from your local GP or pharmacist.
You may also want to watch:
To find the one nearest you visit NHS Choices, www.nhs.uk or call the health hotline on (020) 7364 5016.
More information about National No Smoking Day is on the website: http://www.nosmokingday.org.uk/
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham