Health Trust’s last call for east London governors
An east London mental health Trust is making a final call for residents to stand as governors and help shape services.
Residents from across Newham and Tower Hamlets are invited to stand to be governors for East London NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust will be holding elections to elect local people onto its Council of Governors.
The role of a governor is to listen to what people want from mental health and community health services and act as a link between the Trust and the local community. Governors are involved in strategic planning and advising the Trust’s Board of Directors on how it can meet the needs of its members and communities.
In Newham there are eight seats and three in Tower Hamlets. The elections will open on October 16.
Marie Gabriel, Chair of the Trust, said: “Local people are ideally placed to tell us what their communities need. They play an important role and their involvement and commitment is highly valued by the Trust. I would encourage anyone who has an interest in local health issues to join us in defining the services of the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Nominations to stand as a governor need to be received by September 29. To apply, you must be a member of the Trust first.
If you are not already a member of the Trust but would like to become a governor, you will need to sign up as a member. You can do this at the Trust’s website www.eastlondon.nhs.uk and going to the Members section.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
If you are interested in becoming a governor, contact the Electoral Reform Service for a nomination form at The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London, N8 0NW. You can also call them on 0208 889 9203 or email at email@example.com