Health Trust’s last call for east London governors
An east London mental health Trust is making a final call for residents to stand as governors and help shape services.
Residents from across Newham and Tower Hamlets are invited to stand to be governors for East London NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust will be holding elections to elect local people onto its Council of Governors.
The role of a governor is to listen to what people want from mental health and community health services and act as a link between the Trust and the local community. Governors are involved in strategic planning and advising the Trust’s Board of Directors on how it can meet the needs of its members and communities.
In Newham there are eight seats and three in Tower Hamlets. The elections will open on October 16.
Marie Gabriel, Chair of the Trust, said: “Local people are ideally placed to tell us what their communities need. They play an important role and their involvement and commitment is highly valued by the Trust. I would encourage anyone who has an interest in local health issues to join us in defining the services of the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Nominations to stand as a governor need to be received by September 29. To apply, you must be a member of the Trust first.
If you are not already a member of the Trust but would like to become a governor, you will need to sign up as a member. You can do this at the Trust’s website www.eastlondon.nhs.uk and going to the Members section.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
If you are interested in becoming a governor, contact the Electoral Reform Service for a nomination form at The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London, N8 0NW. You can also call them on 0208 889 9203 or email at email@example.com