Health Trust’s last call for east London governors
An east London mental health Trust is making a final call for residents to stand as governors and help shape services.
Residents from across Newham and Tower Hamlets are invited to stand to be governors for East London NHS Foundation Trust. The Trust will be holding elections to elect local people onto its Council of Governors.
The role of a governor is to listen to what people want from mental health and community health services and act as a link between the Trust and the local community. Governors are involved in strategic planning and advising the Trust’s Board of Directors on how it can meet the needs of its members and communities.
In Newham there are eight seats and three in Tower Hamlets. The elections will open on October 16.
Marie Gabriel, Chair of the Trust, said: “Local people are ideally placed to tell us what their communities need. They play an important role and their involvement and commitment is highly valued by the Trust. I would encourage anyone who has an interest in local health issues to join us in defining the services of the future.”
Nominations to stand as a governor need to be received by September 29. To apply, you must be a member of the Trust first.
If you are not already a member of the Trust but would like to become a governor, you will need to sign up as a member. You can do this at the Trust’s website www.eastlondon.nhs.uk and going to the Members section.
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 9 Tributes to 'much-loved' Stratford theatre worker Harvey Parker
- 10 Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire
If you are interested in becoming a governor, contact the Electoral Reform Service for a nomination form at The Election Centre, 33 Clarendon Road, London, N8 0NW. You can also call them on 0208 889 9203 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org