GPs and pharmacists needed at new Olympic health centre
The NHS is calling for doctors and pharmacists to work at a new health centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Bosses at NHS North East London and the City believe it will give them the chance to be part of the London 2012 Olympic legacy.
The organisation has opened formal procurement asking for expressions of interest on the website https://www.supplying2nhs.com for pharmacy and GP services in the new Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre located in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford City.
NHS North East London and the City is looking for providers of pharmacy and GP services that innovate and deliver high quality, value for money, integrated services that work towards the Olympic legacy of improved health for local people.
Newham is one of London’s fastest growing boroughs. The apartments that housed athletes during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will house over 7,000 new residents. Further development will see a projected 30,000 to 40,000 people living around the park over the next 15 years.
In the heart of this is the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre.
By early summer 2013, it will be transformed from a testing and rehabilitation suite for athletes to a health centre for local people with facilities for the community. When fully operational it will be the largest health facility outside a hospital setting in east London.
- 1 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 2 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 3 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 4 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 5 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 9 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 10 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
Steve Gilvin, Director of Primary Care Commissioning for NHS North East London and the City London said: “I encourage suppliers of GP and pharmacy services to register their interest in playing a leading role in this high profile Health and Wellbeing Centre. The GP service will be central to developing high quality clinical care in what we hope will become a centre of excellence.
“It is expected that the service will work alongside and support local community organisations who will also be located in and around this health centre. They will work together to achieve a long lasting health legacy for the people of Newham.”
More information about the procurement can be found on the website: https://www.supplying2nhs.com
The information is also available at http://supply2health.nhs.uk website.