GPs and pharmacists needed at new Olympic health centre
The NHS is calling for doctors and pharmacists to work at a new health centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Bosses at NHS North East London and the City believe it will give them the chance to be part of the London 2012 Olympic legacy.
The organisation has opened formal procurement asking for expressions of interest on the website https://www.supplying2nhs.com for pharmacy and GP services in the new Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre located in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford City.
NHS North East London and the City is looking for providers of pharmacy and GP services that innovate and deliver high quality, value for money, integrated services that work towards the Olympic legacy of improved health for local people.
Newham is one of London’s fastest growing boroughs. The apartments that housed athletes during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will house over 7,000 new residents. Further development will see a projected 30,000 to 40,000 people living around the park over the next 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
In the heart of this is the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre.
By early summer 2013, it will be transformed from a testing and rehabilitation suite for athletes to a health centre for local people with facilities for the community. When fully operational it will be the largest health facility outside a hospital setting in east London.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
Steve Gilvin, Director of Primary Care Commissioning for NHS North East London and the City London said: “I encourage suppliers of GP and pharmacy services to register their interest in playing a leading role in this high profile Health and Wellbeing Centre. The GP service will be central to developing high quality clinical care in what we hope will become a centre of excellence.
“It is expected that the service will work alongside and support local community organisations who will also be located in and around this health centre. They will work together to achieve a long lasting health legacy for the people of Newham.”
More information about the procurement can be found on the website: https://www.supplying2nhs.com
The information is also available at http://supply2health.nhs.uk website.