GPs and pharmacists needed at new Olympic health centre
The NHS is calling for doctors and pharmacists to work at a new health centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Bosses at NHS North East London and the City believe it will give them the chance to be part of the London 2012 Olympic legacy.
The organisation has opened formal procurement asking for expressions of interest on the website https://www.supplying2nhs.com for pharmacy and GP services in the new Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre located in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford City.
NHS North East London and the City is looking for providers of pharmacy and GP services that innovate and deliver high quality, value for money, integrated services that work towards the Olympic legacy of improved health for local people.
Newham is one of London’s fastest growing boroughs. The apartments that housed athletes during the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games will house over 7,000 new residents. Further development will see a projected 30,000 to 40,000 people living around the park over the next 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
In the heart of this is the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre.
By early summer 2013, it will be transformed from a testing and rehabilitation suite for athletes to a health centre for local people with facilities for the community. When fully operational it will be the largest health facility outside a hospital setting in east London.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
Steve Gilvin, Director of Primary Care Commissioning for NHS North East London and the City London said: “I encourage suppliers of GP and pharmacy services to register their interest in playing a leading role in this high profile Health and Wellbeing Centre. The GP service will be central to developing high quality clinical care in what we hope will become a centre of excellence.
“It is expected that the service will work alongside and support local community organisations who will also be located in and around this health centre. They will work together to achieve a long lasting health legacy for the people of Newham.”
More information about the procurement can be found on the website: https://www.supplying2nhs.com
The information is also available at http://supply2health.nhs.uk website.