Manor Park fitness fanatic aims to raise £3k for good cause at Ilford boot camp
- Credit: Hannah Watkins
A personal trainer is inviting people to take part in a boot camp to get fitter while raising money for a good cause.
Gabar Singh from Manor Park is holding the fundraising event in aid of humanitarian organisation Khalsa Aid at Isaac Newton Academy in Ilford on July 18.
"It will be a fun day out. You're going to get fit and feel great, but you'll also feel good for giving back. We all need help sometimes in our lives," Gabar said.
The 37-year-old wants to raise £3,000, and there is space for up to 100 people on the school's rugby pitch.
Circuit training, battle ropes and weights are among the 25 exercises planned for the event, which is due to start at midday.
You may also want to watch:
Participants will have their own floor mat and be socially distanced. There is no age limit with men, women and children welcome to donate £20 to Khalsa Aid to take part.
Gabar - whose motto is "become the change you want to see" - has been in the fitness industry for 10 years.
For more and to donate, visit Gabar's JustGiving page.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 10 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School