Free one-minute HIV tests now available in Newham
People in Newham wanting to know for sure if they have contracted the HIV virus will be able to find out in just 60 seconds during August.
The ‘RU positive UR negative’ annual summer campaign has been organised by Newham General Hospital’s HIV/Aids prevention partnership (NHAPP).
Free and private HIV testing sessions will be hosted tomorrow at Durning Hall in Earlham Grove, Forest Gate.
More will take place at St John’s Church, The Grove, Stratford on August 16, and at NHAPP headquarters at 246-250 Romford Road, Forest Gate on August 23.
A final session will be held at Community Links at 105 Barking Road, Canning Town on August 30. All start at 10am.
Free condoms will also be available, along with advice leaflets. Tim Baker, from NHS East North East London and the City, said: “Thanks to high advances in treatment infected with HIV who get diagnosed early are now living independent healthy lives.
“However, people are only able to access these successful treatments once they have taken a test and got a diagnosis.”
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 9 Tributes to 'much-loved' Stratford theatre worker Harvey Parker
- 10 Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire
For general information on HIV testing, contact 0800 977 8751.