Free one-minute HIV tests now available in Newham
People in Newham wanting to know for sure if they have contracted the HIV virus will be able to find out in just 60 seconds during August.
The ‘RU positive UR negative’ annual summer campaign has been organised by Newham General Hospital’s HIV/Aids prevention partnership (NHAPP).
Free and private HIV testing sessions will be hosted tomorrow at Durning Hall in Earlham Grove, Forest Gate.
More will take place at St John’s Church, The Grove, Stratford on August 16, and at NHAPP headquarters at 246-250 Romford Road, Forest Gate on August 23.
A final session will be held at Community Links at 105 Barking Road, Canning Town on August 30. All start at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Free condoms will also be available, along with advice leaflets. Tim Baker, from NHS East North East London and the City, said: “Thanks to high advances in treatment infected with HIV who get diagnosed early are now living independent healthy lives.
“However, people are only able to access these successful treatments once they have taken a test and got a diagnosis.”
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 6 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 7 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 8 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
For general information on HIV testing, contact 0800 977 8751.