Free one-minute HIV tests now available in Newham
People in Newham wanting to know for sure if they have contracted the HIV virus will be able to find out in just 60 seconds during August.
The ‘RU positive UR negative’ annual summer campaign has been organised by Newham General Hospital’s HIV/Aids prevention partnership (NHAPP).
Free and private HIV testing sessions will be hosted tomorrow at Durning Hall in Earlham Grove, Forest Gate.
More will take place at St John’s Church, The Grove, Stratford on August 16, and at NHAPP headquarters at 246-250 Romford Road, Forest Gate on August 23.
A final session will be held at Community Links at 105 Barking Road, Canning Town on August 30. All start at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Free condoms will also be available, along with advice leaflets. Tim Baker, from NHS East North East London and the City, said: “Thanks to high advances in treatment infected with HIV who get diagnosed early are now living independent healthy lives.
“However, people are only able to access these successful treatments once they have taken a test and got a diagnosis.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
For general information on HIV testing, contact 0800 977 8751.