Newham residents invited to learn more about healthy living
- Credit: NHS
Staff at Upton Park Medical Centre are offering up their expertise to anyone walking through the door in a special event to help people lead healthier lives.
Mental health and cancer will be the priorities on the day, with more information on healthy eating, nutrition and healthier lifestyles.
Experts are going to be on hand to offer some tips and help residents make changes if they want to, as well as direct people to free services that can support them.
These include services to help people lose weight, stop smoking or cut down on alcohol.
The practice's manger Dahlia Gardner said: "What we're hoping is that patients are highlighted about healthy eating and about diabetes control.
You may also want to watch:
"And we'll be highlighting prostate cancer for men over 40."
"It's important, because men aren't some of the easiest people to get to the GP."
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 8 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 9 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
An expert is going to show them the signs and symptoms of the disease and how to handle diagnosis.
The free event is at Upton Lane Medical Centre on Saturday, July 6 from 11am to 4pm.