Free advice for the home at Stratford fire station day
Stratford fire station hosts an open day for residents to experience a day in the life of a firefighter.
Firefighters are also offering free safety visits in Newham.
Families are welcome for a free tour around the fire station in Romford Road on Saturday, July 30 where they will be able to meet firefighters, hold the hoses and meet fire brigade rescue dogs.
A number of charities and organisations will be present at the event to hand out safety advice and talk to members of the public about fire prevention in the home.
But if you are a Newham resident, and you would like a more personal approach, free home safety visits can be arranged.
You may also want to watch:
A booking system has been set up to arrange 20-minute visits at residents’ convenience during which firefighters will install and check fire alarms for free, and offer a range of support and advice from electrical faults and the proper handling of candles, to surviving a house fire.
There are a number of ways to book a home safety visit, call 0800 028 4428, email firstname.lastname@example.org, text 07781 472 409 or visit www.london-fire.gov.uk.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa