Coronavirus: Fourth Newham Hospital death announced
- Credit: David Mirzoeff
A fourth patient with coronavirus has died at Newham University Hospital.
Barts Health NHS Trust chief executive Alwen Williams confirmed the death, as well as that of a patient at Whipps Cross Hospital.
They were among 29 people confirmed as having the virus to die within the last day.
Three other deaths of Newham Hospital patients who were confirmed as having Covid-19 were announced yesterday (Wednesday, March 18).
An NHS England spokesman said: “A further 29 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 128.
“Patients were aged between 47 and 96 years old and had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed.”
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 7 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
Across the UK, there have been 137 deaths of people diagnosed with Covid-19.