Coronavirus: Fourth Newham Hospital death announced
- Credit: Archant
A fourth patient with coronavirus has died at Newham University Hospital.
Barts Health NHS Trust chief executive Alwen Williams confirmed the death, as well as that of a patient at Whipps Cross Hospital.
They were among 29 people confirmed as having the virus to die within the last day.
Three other deaths of Newham Hospital patients who were confirmed as having Covid-19 were announced yesterday (Wednesday, March 18).
An NHS England spokesman said: “A further 29 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 128.
You may also want to watch:
“Patients were aged between 47 and 96 years old and had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 We're not promising anything we can't deliver says West Ham boss David Moyes
Across the UK, there have been 137 deaths of people diagnosed with Covid-19.