Coronavirus: Fourth Newham Hospital death announced
- Credit: Archant
A fourth patient with coronavirus has died at Newham University Hospital.
Barts Health NHS Trust chief executive Alwen Williams confirmed the death, as well as that of a patient at Whipps Cross Hospital.
They were among 29 people confirmed as having the virus to die within the last day.
Three other deaths of Newham Hospital patients who were confirmed as having Covid-19 were announced yesterday (Wednesday, March 18).
An NHS England spokesman said: “A further 29 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 128.
You may also want to watch:
“Patients were aged between 47 and 96 years old and had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
Across the UK, there have been 137 deaths of people diagnosed with Covid-19.