Coronavirus: Fourth Newham Hospital death announced
- Credit: Archant
A fourth patient with coronavirus has died at Newham University Hospital.
Barts Health NHS Trust chief executive Alwen Williams confirmed the death, as well as that of a patient at Whipps Cross Hospital.
They were among 29 people confirmed as having the virus to die within the last day.
Three other deaths of Newham Hospital patients who were confirmed as having Covid-19 were announced yesterday (Wednesday, March 18).
An NHS England spokesman said: “A further 29 people who tested positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19) have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 128.
You may also want to watch:
“Patients were aged between 47 and 96 years old and had underlying health conditions.
“Their families have been informed.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 6 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Arsenal's game in hand with West Ham set for April 28
- 9 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
Across the UK, there have been 137 deaths of people diagnosed with Covid-19.