Football teams needed for Newham five-a-side tournament
Teams of football fans are being urged to take part in a five-a-side match and help injured war veterans.
The five-a-side football match in aide of disabled war veterans is due to take place at the Powerleague soccer centre in Norwegian Playing Fields in Jenkins Lane, Beckton on October 8 2013 at 7.00pm.
It is one of a series of heats taking place at 14 Powerleague centres across the UK as part of a tournament supported by Patron Capital Partners, a pan European private equity real estate company, to raise money for the Royal Marines Hasler Company. The unit is dedicated to the specific and complex needs of seriously injured and ill Royal Marines who need tailored programmes to help them recover.
The Royal Marines Charity Cup will be held at 14 Powerleague centres across the UK. The heats will take place throughout October and the Grand Final will be held in Wembley on October 20. The winning squad will receive a celebratory four-night trip to one of a selection of exciting European cities, including flights and £500 spending money,.
Squads of seven can enter now but teams must make a minimum donation of £30, all of which will go to the Royal Marines Hasler Company. Throughout the day there will be football coaching and other activities for children and, for families, spectators and competitors to enjoy, there will also be a DJ and buffet before final prize giving.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, go to http://www.powerleague.co.uk/
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed