Football teams needed for Newham five-a-side tournament
Teams of football fans are being urged to take part in a five-a-side match and help injured war veterans.
The five-a-side football match in aide of disabled war veterans is due to take place at the Powerleague soccer centre in Norwegian Playing Fields in Jenkins Lane, Beckton on October 8 2013 at 7.00pm.
It is one of a series of heats taking place at 14 Powerleague centres across the UK as part of a tournament supported by Patron Capital Partners, a pan European private equity real estate company, to raise money for the Royal Marines Hasler Company. The unit is dedicated to the specific and complex needs of seriously injured and ill Royal Marines who need tailored programmes to help them recover.
The Royal Marines Charity Cup will be held at 14 Powerleague centres across the UK. The heats will take place throughout October and the Grand Final will be held in Wembley on October 20. The winning squad will receive a celebratory four-night trip to one of a selection of exciting European cities, including flights and £500 spending money,.
Squads of seven can enter now but teams must make a minimum donation of £30, all of which will go to the Royal Marines Hasler Company. Throughout the day there will be football coaching and other activities for children and, for families, spectators and competitors to enjoy, there will also be a DJ and buffet before final prize giving.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, go to http://www.powerleague.co.uk/
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley