East London Trust first to be awarded European accreditation
- Credit: Archant
An east London health trust has become the first to be awarded accreditation status for its telehealth services.
Newham Telehealth Service, which is run by East London NHS Foundation Trust, uses technology to support patients with long term conditions to manage and monitor their health in their own homes.
Equipment allows patients to take blood pressure, blood sugar and pulse readings which are transmitted through a TV top box to the telehealth team who can provide advice and guidance, or detect serious variations. It is playing a key role in supporting people to be independent and maintain their health and well-being.
The service received European Accreditation status after an assessment team undertook an in depth review of the Trust’s approach to telehealth care, looking at how it fits in with other healthcare and treatment interventions, the technologies used to gather health readings, how findings are communicated to the patient’s GP and other health workers and how patient satisfaction is measured and responded to by the Trust.
Marie Gabriel, Chair of the Trust said: “This is excellent news. I would like to thank the Telehealth team for their passion and enthusiasm in making sure that this innovative approach to providing care is well managed and meets the needs of people with a long term condition. And to thank the patients involved who have given us feedback to help us develop a service that makes a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“They have told us that Telehealth enables them to be more in control of their health, to work with healthcare staff to manage it better and to ultimately get more out of life.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines