East London Trust first to be awarded European accreditation
- Credit: Archant
An east London health trust has become the first to be awarded accreditation status for its telehealth services.
Newham Telehealth Service, which is run by East London NHS Foundation Trust, uses technology to support patients with long term conditions to manage and monitor their health in their own homes.
Equipment allows patients to take blood pressure, blood sugar and pulse readings which are transmitted through a TV top box to the telehealth team who can provide advice and guidance, or detect serious variations. It is playing a key role in supporting people to be independent and maintain their health and well-being.
The service received European Accreditation status after an assessment team undertook an in depth review of the Trust’s approach to telehealth care, looking at how it fits in with other healthcare and treatment interventions, the technologies used to gather health readings, how findings are communicated to the patient’s GP and other health workers and how patient satisfaction is measured and responded to by the Trust.
Marie Gabriel, Chair of the Trust said: “This is excellent news. I would like to thank the Telehealth team for their passion and enthusiasm in making sure that this innovative approach to providing care is well managed and meets the needs of people with a long term condition. And to thank the patients involved who have given us feedback to help us develop a service that makes a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“They have told us that Telehealth enables them to be more in control of their health, to work with healthcare staff to manage it better and to ultimately get more out of life.”
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show