East London rugby clubhouse gets a makeover
- Credit: Archant
Residents joined members and friends of of the East London Rugby Club to give their clubhouse a makeover .
It will benefit those who play rugby and use the club as a community hub.
The clean-up at the Memorial Ground headquarters in Holland Road, West Ham, was part of the NatWest RugbyForce Weekend, which helps clubs like East London deliver improvements. The club received £500 from the programme to help out.
Around 50 people took part in tasks that included chopping down trees and hedges, sprucing up the car park and changing rooms and other basic DIY repairs.
Rob Herbert, club captain, said: “We thank NatWest RugbyForce for their donation, which has helped us improve the quality of the rugby experience for users and visitors. Some basic DIY has really changed the first impression guests and newcomers have of us.
You may also want to watch:
“With matches in the Rugby World Cup being played at the Olympic Stadium in Stratford in 2015 we want more players, volunteers and spectators to come here to enjoy the facilities and the values that make our game so special.”
For more information about East London Rugby Club can call 0207 476 5526 or visit www.pitchero.com/clubs/eastlondonrfc/
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR