East London rugby clubhouse gets a makeover
- Credit: Archant
Residents joined members and friends of of the East London Rugby Club to give their clubhouse a makeover .
It will benefit those who play rugby and use the club as a community hub.
The clean-up at the Memorial Ground headquarters in Holland Road, West Ham, was part of the NatWest RugbyForce Weekend, which helps clubs like East London deliver improvements. The club received £500 from the programme to help out.
Around 50 people took part in tasks that included chopping down trees and hedges, sprucing up the car park and changing rooms and other basic DIY repairs.
Rob Herbert, club captain, said: “We thank NatWest RugbyForce for their donation, which has helped us improve the quality of the rugby experience for users and visitors. Some basic DIY has really changed the first impression guests and newcomers have of us.
You may also want to watch:
“With matches in the Rugby World Cup being played at the Olympic Stadium in Stratford in 2015 we want more players, volunteers and spectators to come here to enjoy the facilities and the values that make our game so special.”
For more information about East London Rugby Club can call 0207 476 5526 or visit www.pitchero.com/clubs/eastlondonrfc/
- 1 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 6 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 9 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate