East London NHS Foundation Trust’s new chair
Marie Gabriel, former chair or NHS Newham, has joined East London NHS Foundation Trust as its new Chair.
Ms Gabriel took over the role from the outgoing Chair, Baroness Molly Meacher. Her initial appointment will be for three years.
Marie took up her first Director level role at the age of 23 and has subsequently worked for over 20 years in senior roles within local government and the Third Sector.
She has extensive experience in NHS leadership and was most recently the Chair of NHS North East London and the City which covers seven primary care trusts.
Ms Gabriel is a freeman of the London Borough of Newham in recognition of her services to health and to the community.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am looking forward to working with my colleagues, patients and partners to continue to develop exemplary services that truly support the health and well-being of local people. The Trust has an excellent reputation for providing high quality care and I look forward to being involved in shaping its continued growth and development within the new NHS environment.”
She will be expected to devote three days per week to the role, comprising a mixture of set commitments and more flexible arrangements for ad hoc events, reading and preparation.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
Marie was Chair of NHS Newham from 2003- 2011, before that she was Vice Chairman of Newham University Hospital Trust and previous to that Chairman of Newham Community Health Council.