East London NHS Foundation Trust’s new chair
Marie Gabriel, former chair or NHS Newham, has joined East London NHS Foundation Trust as its new Chair.
Ms Gabriel took over the role from the outgoing Chair, Baroness Molly Meacher. Her initial appointment will be for three years.
Marie took up her first Director level role at the age of 23 and has subsequently worked for over 20 years in senior roles within local government and the Third Sector.
She has extensive experience in NHS leadership and was most recently the Chair of NHS North East London and the City which covers seven primary care trusts.
Ms Gabriel is a freeman of the London Borough of Newham in recognition of her services to health and to the community.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am looking forward to working with my colleagues, patients and partners to continue to develop exemplary services that truly support the health and well-being of local people. The Trust has an excellent reputation for providing high quality care and I look forward to being involved in shaping its continued growth and development within the new NHS environment.”
She will be expected to devote three days per week to the role, comprising a mixture of set commitments and more flexible arrangements for ad hoc events, reading and preparation.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford
Marie was Chair of NHS Newham from 2003- 2011, before that she was Vice Chairman of Newham University Hospital Trust and previous to that Chairman of Newham Community Health Council.