East London mental health trust scores high in CQC survey
An east London mental health trust has received two green ratings in a survey carried out by the Care Quality Commission.
The East London NHS Foundation Trust was the only Trust to receive the ratings in the CQC’s Community Mental Health Survey for 2013. The survey asks people who have received mental health care in their own homes or in a community setting for feedback on the quality of care delivered by the Trust.
A green rating signifies a higher than average performance in a particular area. This year the results of the survey show continued improvement in patient satisfaction with services provided by the Trust.
The Trust was rated green for the consistent way staff provide information about medication to patients. The other green rating was awarded for the number of patients who had said they had contact information about their care co-ordinator if needed.
Dr Robert Dolan, Chief Executive of the Trust, said, “I am pleased that the Trust’s focus on improving the overall experience of service users is bearing fruit. We have listened to what service users have told us and made a determined effort to address the areas where very simple interventions can often make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to improve further and work better with service users and ensure they are involved in decisions affecting them and have the information they need when they need it.”
The Trust will be using the feedback from this survey to ensure that improvements continue and to focus on areas such as patient and family involvement in care planning.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber