East London mental health trust scores high in CQC survey
An east London mental health trust has received two green ratings in a survey carried out by the Care Quality Commission.
The East London NHS Foundation Trust was the only Trust to receive the ratings in the CQC’s Community Mental Health Survey for 2013. The survey asks people who have received mental health care in their own homes or in a community setting for feedback on the quality of care delivered by the Trust.
A green rating signifies a higher than average performance in a particular area. This year the results of the survey show continued improvement in patient satisfaction with services provided by the Trust.
The Trust was rated green for the consistent way staff provide information about medication to patients. The other green rating was awarded for the number of patients who had said they had contact information about their care co-ordinator if needed.
Dr Robert Dolan, Chief Executive of the Trust, said, “I am pleased that the Trust’s focus on improving the overall experience of service users is bearing fruit. We have listened to what service users have told us and made a determined effort to address the areas where very simple interventions can often make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to improve further and work better with service users and ensure they are involved in decisions affecting them and have the information they need when they need it.”
The Trust will be using the feedback from this survey to ensure that improvements continue and to focus on areas such as patient and family involvement in care planning.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 7 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 8 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 9 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings