East End Road Runners in bid to be “Kings” of the road
- Credit: Archant
A running group strapped on their blue suede running shoes last week in a bid to be the “Kings” of east London.
Plaistow-based running group East End Road Runners is competing against eight other running clubs in the annual East London fiVes Interclub Series (ELVIS).
The competition will see them run a mixture of five mile and 5k races throughout the summer.
On Tuesday June 11, 22 of the runners ran the third race in the tournament across a 5k course at Harrow Lodge Park in Hornchurch.
Nuno Andrade, 30, led the team who finished in 18mins 47secs.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies’ captain Celine Homsey, 28, of Tollgate Road, Beckton, said: “It was a deceptive, tough course but everyone did so well, especially those racing just two days after completing a speedy marathon.
“There’s nothing like the sight of the team’s speedier runners cheering at the finish line to encourage some brilliant sprint finishes.”
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
The East End Road Runners train every Tuesday and Thursday at Newham Leisure Centre on Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow.
Their next ELVIS run will be through Hainault Forest on Wednesday July 3.
To find out more, visit www.eerr.org.uk.