East End Road Runners in bid to be “Kings” of the road
- Credit: Archant
A running group strapped on their blue suede running shoes last week in a bid to be the “Kings” of east London.
Plaistow-based running group East End Road Runners is competing against eight other running clubs in the annual East London fiVes Interclub Series (ELVIS).
The competition will see them run a mixture of five mile and 5k races throughout the summer.
On Tuesday June 11, 22 of the runners ran the third race in the tournament across a 5k course at Harrow Lodge Park in Hornchurch.
Nuno Andrade, 30, led the team who finished in 18mins 47secs.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies’ captain Celine Homsey, 28, of Tollgate Road, Beckton, said: “It was a deceptive, tough course but everyone did so well, especially those racing just two days after completing a speedy marathon.
“There’s nothing like the sight of the team’s speedier runners cheering at the finish line to encourage some brilliant sprint finishes.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
The East End Road Runners train every Tuesday and Thursday at Newham Leisure Centre on Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow.
Their next ELVIS run will be through Hainault Forest on Wednesday July 3.
To find out more, visit www.eerr.org.uk.