East End Road Runners in bid to be “Kings” of the road
- Credit: Archant
A running group strapped on their blue suede running shoes last week in a bid to be the “Kings” of east London.
Plaistow-based running group East End Road Runners is competing against eight other running clubs in the annual East London fiVes Interclub Series (ELVIS).
The competition will see them run a mixture of five mile and 5k races throughout the summer.
On Tuesday June 11, 22 of the runners ran the third race in the tournament across a 5k course at Harrow Lodge Park in Hornchurch.
Nuno Andrade, 30, led the team who finished in 18mins 47secs.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies’ captain Celine Homsey, 28, of Tollgate Road, Beckton, said: “It was a deceptive, tough course but everyone did so well, especially those racing just two days after completing a speedy marathon.
“There’s nothing like the sight of the team’s speedier runners cheering at the finish line to encourage some brilliant sprint finishes.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
The East End Road Runners train every Tuesday and Thursday at Newham Leisure Centre on Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow.
Their next ELVIS run will be through Hainault Forest on Wednesday July 3.
To find out more, visit www.eerr.org.uk.