East End Road Runners in bid to be “Kings” of the road
- Credit: Archant
A running group strapped on their blue suede running shoes last week in a bid to be the “Kings” of east London.
Plaistow-based running group East End Road Runners is competing against eight other running clubs in the annual East London fiVes Interclub Series (ELVIS).
The competition will see them run a mixture of five mile and 5k races throughout the summer.
On Tuesday June 11, 22 of the runners ran the third race in the tournament across a 5k course at Harrow Lodge Park in Hornchurch.
Nuno Andrade, 30, led the team who finished in 18mins 47secs.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies’ captain Celine Homsey, 28, of Tollgate Road, Beckton, said: “It was a deceptive, tough course but everyone did so well, especially those racing just two days after completing a speedy marathon.
“There’s nothing like the sight of the team’s speedier runners cheering at the finish line to encourage some brilliant sprint finishes.”
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
The East End Road Runners train every Tuesday and Thursday at Newham Leisure Centre on Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow.
Their next ELVIS run will be through Hainault Forest on Wednesday July 3.
To find out more, visit www.eerr.org.uk.