David’s work is honoured
A Newham youth worker has been named sexual helath professional of the year at a set of national awards.
David Bigglestone, from Newham Youth Service, was presented with his award at a ceremony in London organised by the young people’s sexual health charity Brook.
The event celebrated the outstanding work young people and professionals are doing to improve the lives of young people all over the UK.
He said: “Thank you for this award – it is really nice to sit in a room knowing that all of us are fighting the good fight to allow young people access to information. We should have a curriculum for it but that’s not stopped us – so let’s carry on giving young people the information they need.”
David’s work in Newham has had a big impact on young people locally, who have driven his nomination. He has helped young people to develop vocational sexual health qualifications and move on to work experience and employment, as well as organising a ten day international youth exchange bringing together over 60 people from all over Europe. The nomination for David was driven by the young people who he had clearly had a significant impact on.
You may also want to watch:
The award was presented by Tracey Cox (international sex, body language and relationships expert, TV presenter and Brook Ambassador) and Tony Fraser from HRA Pharma, who also sponsored the award.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses