Covid-19 cases monthly fall at Barts Trust hospitals
- Credit: David Mirzoeff
The number of Covid-19 patients at Barts Health NHS Trust hospitals has dropped in the past month, according to the latest figures.
As of 8am on September 23 (Thurs), the trust had 111 inpatients with laboratory confirmed Covid-19 at their five hospitals.
Barts Health runs The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel; Mile End Hospital; Newham Hospital; Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone, which serves much of Redbridge; as well as St Bartholomew’s Hospital in the City of London.
The figure constitutes a decline from the 143 Covid-19 inpatients reported by the trust on August 26.
Of those with confirmed Covid-19, four were newly diagnosed in the previous 24 hours, while 25 were being cared for in critical care beds or on enhanced levels of oxygen.
As of 5pm on September 22, a total of 1,939 patients hospitalised with confirmed Covid-19 at Barts Health hospitals had died.
You may also want to watch:
More than 18,000 Covid-19 patients admitted to the hospital have recovered and been discharged.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Moyes praises determination of squad as West Ham beat rivals Tottenham