Construction begins on new GP surgery in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A £2.5million project to build a new GP surgery in Manor Park has begun.
The new surgery based at Froud Community Centre will provide 15 consulting and treatment rooms.
It is expected to open by autumn 2021, when the three existing Sangam GP surgeries will move there.
The surgeries being next to the community centre will mean they can work together to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Manor Park.
Sangam Surgery GP Dr Chandra Gowda said: “We are looking forward to working with Aston Mansfield Charitable Trust and Newham CCG to continue to provide medical services and develop new services for local people.”
You may also want to watch:
Director of primary care for NHS Newham CCG Jenny Mazarelo said: “Investing in facilities that support holistic care, along with support for wider health and wellbeing needs, is the future for care and is the vision for improving health.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Teacher's petition to save Newham City Farm hits 40,000 signatures