Construction begins on new GP surgery in Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
A £2.5million project to build a new GP surgery in Manor Park has begun.
The new surgery based at Froud Community Centre will provide 15 consulting and treatment rooms.
It is expected to open by autumn 2021, when the three existing Sangam GP surgeries will move there.
The surgeries being next to the community centre will mean they can work together to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Manor Park.
Sangam Surgery GP Dr Chandra Gowda said: “We are looking forward to working with Aston Mansfield Charitable Trust and Newham CCG to continue to provide medical services and develop new services for local people.”
You may also want to watch:
Director of primary care for NHS Newham CCG Jenny Mazarelo said: “Investing in facilities that support holistic care, along with support for wider health and wellbeing needs, is the future for care and is the vision for improving health.”
- 1 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 6 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 7 Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 10 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month