Come and find out your HIV status
A BUS with a difference will be touring Newham to help residents find out their HIV status.
The NHS Newham Health Bus will also be commemorating World AIDS Day on Wednesday next week by making stops at locations throughout the borough.
HIV/AIDS remains a major public health concern, locally and nationally, so in the week leading up to World AIDS Day the vehicle will help to raise awareness about the condition. It will also aim to promote action to prevent the spread of the disease.
Visitors to the bus will be encouraged to “know your HIV status” with access to information about the condition and free and confidential HIV testing services – with results available in 60 seconds.
Red ribbons, free condoms and goody bags will be distributed throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
You can hop aboard the vehicle at any of the following locations: This Friday, Queen’s Market, Green Street, Upton Park, Plaistow; Tuesday, High Street North, East Ham (outside New Look), and on Wednesday at Morrisons, The Grove, Stratford.
The times at all venues are from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
Results in 60 seconds are now available for existing and new patients from some GP practices and to anyone from participating pharmacies.
The pharmacies are: Jetsol Pharmacy at The Hub, 123 Star Lane, Canning Town; Ropharm at 10 High Street, Plaistow, and Wagpharm Chemist, 8 Mitre Road, Stratford.
The GP practices are: Stratford Medical Practice, Abbey Road Medical Practice, E12 Health Centre, Star Lane Medical Centre, Custom House Surgery, Wordsworth Health Centre, Vicarage Lane DMC and Royal Docks Medical Practice.