Come and find out your HIV status
A BUS with a difference will be touring Newham to help residents find out their HIV status.
The NHS Newham Health Bus will also be commemorating World AIDS Day on Wednesday next week by making stops at locations throughout the borough.
HIV/AIDS remains a major public health concern, locally and nationally, so in the week leading up to World AIDS Day the vehicle will help to raise awareness about the condition. It will also aim to promote action to prevent the spread of the disease.
Visitors to the bus will be encouraged to “know your HIV status” with access to information about the condition and free and confidential HIV testing services – with results available in 60 seconds.
Red ribbons, free condoms and goody bags will be distributed throughout the week.
You can hop aboard the vehicle at any of the following locations: This Friday, Queen’s Market, Green Street, Upton Park, Plaistow; Tuesday, High Street North, East Ham (outside New Look), and on Wednesday at Morrisons, The Grove, Stratford.
The times at all venues are from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 9 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 10 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
Results in 60 seconds are now available for existing and new patients from some GP practices and to anyone from participating pharmacies.
The pharmacies are: Jetsol Pharmacy at The Hub, 123 Star Lane, Canning Town; Ropharm at 10 High Street, Plaistow, and Wagpharm Chemist, 8 Mitre Road, Stratford.
The GP practices are: Stratford Medical Practice, Abbey Road Medical Practice, E12 Health Centre, Star Lane Medical Centre, Custom House Surgery, Wordsworth Health Centre, Vicarage Lane DMC and Royal Docks Medical Practice.