Come and find out your HIV status
A BUS with a difference will be touring Newham to help residents find out their HIV status.
The NHS Newham Health Bus will also be commemorating World AIDS Day on Wednesday next week by making stops at locations throughout the borough.
HIV/AIDS remains a major public health concern, locally and nationally, so in the week leading up to World AIDS Day the vehicle will help to raise awareness about the condition. It will also aim to promote action to prevent the spread of the disease.
Visitors to the bus will be encouraged to “know your HIV status” with access to information about the condition and free and confidential HIV testing services – with results available in 60 seconds.
Red ribbons, free condoms and goody bags will be distributed throughout the week.
You can hop aboard the vehicle at any of the following locations: This Friday, Queen’s Market, Green Street, Upton Park, Plaistow; Tuesday, High Street North, East Ham (outside New Look), and on Wednesday at Morrisons, The Grove, Stratford.
The times at all venues are from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 4 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 5 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 8 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 9 Masked driver found guilty of Ilford murder jailed for 35 years
- 10 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
Results in 60 seconds are now available for existing and new patients from some GP practices and to anyone from participating pharmacies.
The pharmacies are: Jetsol Pharmacy at The Hub, 123 Star Lane, Canning Town; Ropharm at 10 High Street, Plaistow, and Wagpharm Chemist, 8 Mitre Road, Stratford.
The GP practices are: Stratford Medical Practice, Abbey Road Medical Practice, E12 Health Centre, Star Lane Medical Centre, Custom House Surgery, Wordsworth Health Centre, Vicarage Lane DMC and Royal Docks Medical Practice.