Come and find out your HIV status
A BUS with a difference will be touring Newham to help residents find out their HIV status.
The NHS Newham Health Bus will also be commemorating World AIDS Day on Wednesday next week by making stops at locations throughout the borough.
HIV/AIDS remains a major public health concern, locally and nationally, so in the week leading up to World AIDS Day the vehicle will help to raise awareness about the condition. It will also aim to promote action to prevent the spread of the disease.
Visitors to the bus will be encouraged to “know your HIV status” with access to information about the condition and free and confidential HIV testing services – with results available in 60 seconds.
Red ribbons, free condoms and goody bags will be distributed throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
You can hop aboard the vehicle at any of the following locations: This Friday, Queen’s Market, Green Street, Upton Park, Plaistow; Tuesday, High Street North, East Ham (outside New Look), and on Wednesday at Morrisons, The Grove, Stratford.
The times at all venues are from 10am to 4pm.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
Results in 60 seconds are now available for existing and new patients from some GP practices and to anyone from participating pharmacies.
The pharmacies are: Jetsol Pharmacy at The Hub, 123 Star Lane, Canning Town; Ropharm at 10 High Street, Plaistow, and Wagpharm Chemist, 8 Mitre Road, Stratford.
The GP practices are: Stratford Medical Practice, Abbey Road Medical Practice, E12 Health Centre, Star Lane Medical Centre, Custom House Surgery, Wordsworth Health Centre, Vicarage Lane DMC and Royal Docks Medical Practice.