Chance to learn about breast cancer, raise cash
GENEROUS people have the chance to help raise funds for breast cancer with an event being held at Whipps Cross University Hospital.
The hospital will be marking this year’s Breast Awareness Month by inviting patients, visitors staff and members of the public to visit an exhibition and fundraising stand on site today from 10am to 4pm at the Volunteer Shop.
There will be home made cakes for sale, a toy tombola, a raffle and a nearly new sale.
Two specialist nurses will be on hand throughout the day providing information and advice on breast concerns.
Around 160 women are diagnosed with breast cancer at Whipps Cross Hospital every year.
You may also want to watch:
In the UK breast cancer is the most common cancer and accounts for nearly one in three cancers in women.
- 1 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- 5 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 6 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 7 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate