Chance to learn about breast cancer, raise cash
GENEROUS people have the chance to help raise funds for breast cancer with an event being held at Whipps Cross University Hospital.
The hospital will be marking this year’s Breast Awareness Month by inviting patients, visitors staff and members of the public to visit an exhibition and fundraising stand on site today from 10am to 4pm at the Volunteer Shop.
There will be home made cakes for sale, a toy tombola, a raffle and a nearly new sale.
Two specialist nurses will be on hand throughout the day providing information and advice on breast concerns.
Around 160 women are diagnosed with breast cancer at Whipps Cross Hospital every year.
You may also want to watch:
In the UK breast cancer is the most common cancer and accounts for nearly one in three cancers in women.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford