Chance to learn about breast cancer, raise cash
GENEROUS people have the chance to help raise funds for breast cancer with an event being held at Whipps Cross University Hospital.
The hospital will be marking this year’s Breast Awareness Month by inviting patients, visitors staff and members of the public to visit an exhibition and fundraising stand on site today from 10am to 4pm at the Volunteer Shop.
There will be home made cakes for sale, a toy tombola, a raffle and a nearly new sale.
Two specialist nurses will be on hand throughout the day providing information and advice on breast concerns.
Around 160 women are diagnosed with breast cancer at Whipps Cross Hospital every year.
You may also want to watch:
In the UK breast cancer is the most common cancer and accounts for nearly one in three cancers in women.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway