Chance to learn about breast cancer, raise cash
GENEROUS people have the chance to help raise funds for breast cancer with an event being held at Whipps Cross University Hospital.
The hospital will be marking this year’s Breast Awareness Month by inviting patients, visitors staff and members of the public to visit an exhibition and fundraising stand on site today from 10am to 4pm at the Volunteer Shop.
There will be home made cakes for sale, a toy tombola, a raffle and a nearly new sale.
Two specialist nurses will be on hand throughout the day providing information and advice on breast concerns.
Around 160 women are diagnosed with breast cancer at Whipps Cross Hospital every year.
You may also want to watch:
In the UK breast cancer is the most common cancer and accounts for nearly one in three cancers in women.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton