Care home residents given eye-opening talk in East Ham
Sight experts gave an talk at an East Ham care home to raise awareness about the importance of eye health.
Harinder Paul and Keon Chong, from Beckton-based Home Opticians, stopped off at Manor Farm Nursing Home in High Street South as part of their iCare road show.
The 30-minute session included information on the likes of retinal detachment, glaucoma, and macular disease.
A spokesman for Home Opticians explained the make-up of the talk.
He said: “We present the material, which creates an informal environment for care home staff and clients to ask questions and discuss general eye health topics.
You may also want to watch:
“The aim of the iCare road show is to empower and raise awareness around eye health for residents and staff.
“The scheme manager at Manor Farm was impressed with the positive response from his staff.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 7 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 8 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss