Temporary NHS workers urgently needed amid coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Archant
Temporary NHS workers in Newham and Tower Hamlets are urgently needed to help community and mental health services cope with the coronavirus crisis.
East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) is offering flexible, short-term work for people with healthcare qualifications and for administrators, healthcare assistants, cleaners and housekeepers.
Work is available across the trust’s community and mental health services.
Applications are being fast-tracked so successful candidates can start within days and new recruits will be paid weekly.
ELFT chief executive Dr Navina Evans said: “The NHS is facing an unprecedented challenge because of the coronavirus crisis.
You may also want to watch:
“Every single colleague wearing an NHS badge is remarkable in my eyes – and we need more outstanding individuals to help us protect and care for the sick and the vulnerable.”
New recruits would be employed through ELFT’s bank system - its network of temporary staff available to work flexible hours and shifts.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Applicants do not need to have experience working in the NHS.
Dr Evans added: “The NHS works at its best with fantastic clinical staff delivering patient care and dedicated support staff working together.
“We need you to be part of that amazing team.”
Visit www.elft.nhs.uk/Working-For-Us/Coronavirus-COVID-19-Recruitment for more information.