Coronavirus: East Ham and Stratford town halls lit up in blue in support of NHS
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s town halls are being lit up in blue to show support for the heroes working in the NHS, care homes and frontline services.
The council has installed blue-coloured external lighting on the town halls in East Ham and Stratford to signal its gratitude to key workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
The town halls were first illuminated on Thursday night, April 23, to coincide with the weekly clap for carers.
Mayor Rokhsana Fiaz said: “We are showing our gratitude for our amazing doctors and nurses, carers and key workers, as they continue to help save lives.
“I have been joining everyone at 8pm every Thursday as we stand outside our doors, at our windows and on our balconies, to clap and show our appreciation.
You may also want to watch:
“By lighting up both town halls, we continue to spread our message of support for those risking their lives to save others.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final