Coronavirus: East Ham and Stratford town halls lit up in blue in support of NHS
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s town halls are being lit up in blue to show support for the heroes working in the NHS, care homes and frontline services.
The council has installed blue-coloured external lighting on the town halls in East Ham and Stratford to signal its gratitude to key workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
The town halls were first illuminated on Thursday night, April 23, to coincide with the weekly clap for carers.
Mayor Rokhsana Fiaz said: “We are showing our gratitude for our amazing doctors and nurses, carers and key workers, as they continue to help save lives.
“I have been joining everyone at 8pm every Thursday as we stand outside our doors, at our windows and on our balconies, to clap and show our appreciation.
You may also want to watch:
“By lighting up both town halls, we continue to spread our message of support for those risking their lives to save others.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election