Coronavirus: East Ham and Stratford town halls lit up in blue in support of NHS
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s town halls are being lit up in blue to show support for the heroes working in the NHS, care homes and frontline services.
The council has installed blue-coloured external lighting on the town halls in East Ham and Stratford to signal its gratitude to key workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
The town halls were first illuminated on Thursday night, April 23, to coincide with the weekly clap for carers.
Mayor Rokhsana Fiaz said: “We are showing our gratitude for our amazing doctors and nurses, carers and key workers, as they continue to help save lives.
“I have been joining everyone at 8pm every Thursday as we stand outside our doors, at our windows and on our balconies, to clap and show our appreciation.
You may also want to watch:
“By lighting up both town halls, we continue to spread our message of support for those risking their lives to save others.”
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 5 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 6 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 7 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 8 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 9 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 10 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light