Barts Health urology team to take award-winning cancer service improvements to the world
- Credit: Archant
Urologists at the hospital trust for Newham and Tower Hamlets have been invited to showcase award-winning improvements to their cancer service around the world.
The Barts Health NHS Trust urology team recently won the Macmillan professionals excellence award for quality improvement, after implementing a new model of working that combined nursing services split across four hospital sites for urological cancer patients.
Macmillan nurse Alex Smith said: "It feels so nice to be recognised by our patients and peers for all the hard work we have been doing over a long period of time."
The improvements are so novel and effective that Ms Smith was asked to present the work at a pan-European scientific meeting, while the team has also been invited to run workshops in New Zealand, China, Dubai and Saudi Arabia to share best practice.
Barts' lead urology nurse Paula Allchorne said: "Our whole team has been built in response to meeting patient needs.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a real mix of skills and are passionate about workforce development, recognising that each person plays an equally important part in improving patient experience."
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced