Barts Health urology team to take award-winning cancer service improvements to the world
- Credit: Archant
Urologists at the hospital trust for Newham and Tower Hamlets have been invited to showcase award-winning improvements to their cancer service around the world.
The Barts Health NHS Trust urology team recently won the Macmillan professionals excellence award for quality improvement, after implementing a new model of working that combined nursing services split across four hospital sites for urological cancer patients.
Macmillan nurse Alex Smith said: "It feels so nice to be recognised by our patients and peers for all the hard work we have been doing over a long period of time."
The improvements are so novel and effective that Ms Smith was asked to present the work at a pan-European scientific meeting, while the team has also been invited to run workshops in New Zealand, China, Dubai and Saudi Arabia to share best practice.
Barts' lead urology nurse Paula Allchorne said: "Our whole team has been built in response to meeting patient needs.
You may also want to watch:
"We have a real mix of skills and are passionate about workforce development, recognising that each person plays an equally important part in improving patient experience."
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital