Barts Health Trust named one of the best employers for improving social mobility
- Credit: Archant
Barts Health Trust is one of the top 50 employers in the UK for boosting equality.
The trust earned 31st place in this year’s Social Mobility Employer Index and was recognised for hiring young people through community outreach programmes, as well as reaching out to schools with low levels of attainment.
The east London based trust was one of just two health trusts to make the list.
Andrew Attfield from the trust said: “We absolutely believe that everyone should have equal opportunities to succeed and realise their potential, which we know provides the best opportunity for positive life choices.
“I am delighted that so many people are benefitting from this ambition, and that our continued commitment to equal opportunities has once again been recognised.”
You may also want to watch:
Judges were also impressed that the trust, which has hospitals in Plaistow, Whitechapel, Mile End, Leytonstone and the city, collected data on staff ethnicity and set diversity targets, as well as holding an annual awards ceremony to recognise talent.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 7 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate