Aspiring Newham cheerleaders wanted to perform at Wembley
Cheerleaders for an American football team are appealing for young girls interested in performing with them to apply.
THE ROAR, cheerleaders for the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team, are on the hunt for aspiring cheerleaders from Newham to perform with them at Wembley Stadium.
Girls aged between eight and 12, from each of the 32 London boroughs, will be hand-picked by THE ROAR, the cheerleading squad for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Winners will be invited to meet THE ROAR at Wembley on October 27 for a cheerleading masterclass, then a chance to dance with the world famous cheerleaders.
Heather, 30, has been a cheerleader with THE ROAR for two seasons now, travelling the world and performing to millions of fans.
You may also want to watch:
Heather said: “Wherever THE ROAR go, we love to meet NFL fans and girls who are aspiring to be cheerleaders. Girls like us, who dream of dancing in stadiums supporting the game and team we love.”
“We’ll be picking 32 girls to come and meet us at the NFL Tailgate, just before our first game against the San Francisco 49ers.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
“We’ll meet the girls, teach them our routine and then we’ll dance as a squad together. We cannot wait to meet our newest Junior ROAR members!”
To win a chance of dancing with THE ROAR, aspiring cheerleaders should visit www.nfluk.com/juniorROAR and explain in less than 150 words why they want to dance with The ROAR.
The best entries representing each of the 32 London boroughs will be invited to dance on October 27 at Wembley.
The closing date for entries is October 3.