Aspiring Newham cheerleaders wanted to perform at Wembley
Cheerleaders for an American football team are appealing for young girls interested in performing with them to apply.
THE ROAR, cheerleaders for the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team, are on the hunt for aspiring cheerleaders from Newham to perform with them at Wembley Stadium.
Girls aged between eight and 12, from each of the 32 London boroughs, will be hand-picked by THE ROAR, the cheerleading squad for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Winners will be invited to meet THE ROAR at Wembley on October 27 for a cheerleading masterclass, then a chance to dance with the world famous cheerleaders.
Heather, 30, has been a cheerleader with THE ROAR for two seasons now, travelling the world and performing to millions of fans.
Heather said: “Wherever THE ROAR go, we love to meet NFL fans and girls who are aspiring to be cheerleaders. Girls like us, who dream of dancing in stadiums supporting the game and team we love.”
“We’ll be picking 32 girls to come and meet us at the NFL Tailgate, just before our first game against the San Francisco 49ers.
- 1 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 2 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 3 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 4 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 5 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 7 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 8 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 9 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 10 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
“We’ll meet the girls, teach them our routine and then we’ll dance as a squad together. We cannot wait to meet our newest Junior ROAR members!”
To win a chance of dancing with THE ROAR, aspiring cheerleaders should visit www.nfluk.com/juniorROAR and explain in less than 150 words why they want to dance with The ROAR.
The best entries representing each of the 32 London boroughs will be invited to dance on October 27 at Wembley.
The closing date for entries is October 3.