Advice for patients as Newham University Hospital faces winter pressures
- Credit: Archant
The trust which runs Newham University Hospital has said it will try to carry out as many planned appointments as possible despite facing winter pressures.
All cancer operations and time-critical procedures at all of Barts Health NHS Trust’s hospitals will go ahead as planned.
The National Emergency Pressures Panel met on January 2 to activate the new NHS’s Winter Pressures Protocol which includes deferring non-urgent operations.
A spokeswoman for Barts Health said: “We will make every effort to make sure as many planned procedures and appointments as possible take place during this busy period.
“Patients with any appointments or planned operations should attend our hospitals as normal unless they are contacted by us.”
You may also want to watch:
The trust has also urged people to use its services responsibly by visiting pharmacies for minor ailments and calling the free NHS 111 service for urgent advice.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals