Advice for patients as Newham University Hospital faces winter pressures
- Credit: Archant
The trust which runs Newham University Hospital has said it will try to carry out as many planned appointments as possible despite facing winter pressures.
All cancer operations and time-critical procedures at all of Barts Health NHS Trust’s hospitals will go ahead as planned.
The National Emergency Pressures Panel met on January 2 to activate the new NHS’s Winter Pressures Protocol which includes deferring non-urgent operations.
A spokeswoman for Barts Health said: “We will make every effort to make sure as many planned procedures and appointments as possible take place during this busy period.
“Patients with any appointments or planned operations should attend our hospitals as normal unless they are contacted by us.”
You may also want to watch:
The trust has also urged people to use its services responsibly by visiting pharmacies for minor ailments and calling the free NHS 111 service for urgent advice.
- 1 Plans for new West Ham Park playground approved
- 2 Air ambulance lands in East Ham
- 3 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 4 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 5 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 West Ham United light up London Stadium for Holocaust Memorial Day 2021
- 10 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map