Advice for patients as Newham University Hospital faces winter pressures
- Credit: Archant
The trust which runs Newham University Hospital has said it will try to carry out as many planned appointments as possible despite facing winter pressures.
All cancer operations and time-critical procedures at all of Barts Health NHS Trust’s hospitals will go ahead as planned.
The National Emergency Pressures Panel met on January 2 to activate the new NHS’s Winter Pressures Protocol which includes deferring non-urgent operations.
A spokeswoman for Barts Health said: “We will make every effort to make sure as many planned procedures and appointments as possible take place during this busy period.
“Patients with any appointments or planned operations should attend our hospitals as normal unless they are contacted by us.”
You may also want to watch:
The trust has also urged people to use its services responsibly by visiting pharmacies for minor ailments and calling the free NHS 111 service for urgent advice.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley