Views sought on plans for former Hartley Centre site in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A public consultation has been launched on plans for the site of a former community centre.
Newham Council's developer, Red Door Ventures, is bringing forward proposals to build affordable housing and a health centre on the former Hartley Centre site in Barking Road, East Ham.
Neighbours of the site are invited to a drop-in event on Wednesday, November 27 at St Bartholomew's Church in Barking Road from 4pm to 8.30pm.
Attendees can learn more about the proposals, meet the project team and give their feedback.
Mayor Rokhsana Fiaz has pledged to build 1,000 genuinely affordable homes in the borough by 2022.
You may also want to watch:
The majority of homes promised will be built by Red Door Ventures on a mix of sites across Newham, including the former Hartley Centre site.
Building work on the first 227 homes at 11 sites is already underway.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
Residents unable to attend the event are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7397 5212 or visit reddoorconsults.co.uk/hartleycentre