Harry’s million to help Richard House
EASTENDERS’ star Barbara Windsor is lending a hand to a campaign to raise �1million for a hospice.
She will be joined by the creators of the children’s hit TV show Waybuloo to help support the launch of Harry’s Million to raise the magic figure in three years for Richard House children’s hospice, Beckton.
The campaign already has a Facebook site featuring Harry the cheeky puppet based on Harry Singh, a young man who has spent time at the hospice.
The puppet is central to the promotion and was one of six created by children of the hospice. All six feature in a new film on the work of Richard House staff. Harry wants to interview the great and the good and raise awareness of the hospice’s work. His first celebrity hit was soap legend Barbara.
Harry said: “We’re thrilled that Babs was able to help us.
You may also want to watch:
“Her roots are in the East End so she knows how important it is to have services like Richard House to help those that need it the most.’’
Harry added: “Many think that a hospice just looks after your clinical needs but for me Richard House means freedom.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 3 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 10 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
“It’s there for you when you need it the most, helping you through every stage of your life and giving opportunities that I never thought would be possible. This is my chance to give something back to Richard House.” The launch takes place tomorrow.