Harry Potter convention heads to ExCel
- Credit: Matt Crossick
Harry Potter fanatics are invited to attend a convention on the world of wizardry at the ExCel this weekend.
Fans can explore the world of Hogwarts through MuggleNet Live – a convention organised by an American fan site.
This is the first convention produced by the site and it intends to bring fans together to celebrate the Potter series past, present, and future.
The event will have guest panels, signings, photo booths, and exciting exhibitions featuring cast and crew.
Stars including Warwick Davis (Filius Flitwick), Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown), Anna Shaffer (Romilda Vane), and Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley) are listed to attend the event.
You may also want to watch:
Emerson Spartz, chief executive of Spartz Inc and founder of MuggleNet.com, said: “The MuggleNet Live! convention is situated at the perfect time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future with Harry Potter cast and crew members, and the entire Wizarding World fandom and its wider community.”
Emerson founded the site at the age of 12 in 1999 and it has since become a leading news site for fans. Claire Furner, from MuggleNet Live, said: “It’s the first event of its kind for MuggleNet and to host it mere miles from where the films were shot, feels very right.”
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
The convention will also be raising money for Harry Potter creator J K Rowling’s international charity called Lumos which works to end the institutionalisation of millions of children around the world. Claire added: “We saw it as an opportunity to celebrate where the fandom is now, and the exciting future ahead, so if we are able to make a sizeable donation to Lumos as a result of this fan get-to-together, then that would be an amazing outcome.”
The event takes place on Saturday from 9am at ExCel, Royal Victoria Docks. Visit live.mugglenet.com.