Happiness, the greatest gift few in Newham possess
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Newham is not the most miserable place to live in Greater London, a recent happiness index report has revealed.
But don’t get your hopes up, the borough still sits in the top five.
Not that you would, given happiness is a commodity few in the borough seem to possess according to the annual Happy at Home Index by property firm Rightmove that placed it fifth from bottom in a list of the happiest homes in Great Britain.
The results were based on people’s responses to 12 measures, ranging from neighbourliness and how much there is to do in the area, to how happy people are with their home’s décor, value, and costs to run it.
These are split into three categories – property, home and community – with responses averaged to provide both a category score and an overall score that forms the happiness index.
You may also want to watch:
Newham also clung to its fifth worst spot in the rankings for all 33 London boroughs, with Harrow, Brent, Hounslow and Barking and Dagenham falling behind.
Barking and Dagenham was also rated the worst overall out of the 130 locations listed while Harrogate topped the table for the third year running.
Click here to find out more.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week