Hammers unveil home shirt for the new season
- Credit: whufc
1980s retro look for the new kit
Hammers today unveiled their new Adidas home kit for the 2014/15 season
Fans can get kitted out for the new Barclays Premier League season with the claret home shirt, which features a sky blue trim, two-colour overlapping v-neck and white engineered pinstripes.
The pinstripe design evokes memories of the classic shirts of the mid-80s, worn by the likes of Tony Cottee and Frank McAvennie, as they helped the club achieve its highest ever league position.
Hammers player Stewart Downing was among the first to try on the new kit and he gave it his seal of approval.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I like it – it’s a nice colour and a nice fit. The players are happy with it and hopefully we can get some nice results in it.
“It’s an exciting time when you get the new kit on, it gets the pre-season underway. The lads are all looking forward to first game of the season and getting off to a good start.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 What's on across east London this weekend?
Supporters will be able to receive the home kit on Thursday July 17 if they order today, either online or by visiting one of our three official club stores) – Stadium, Liberty Romford and Lakeside Thurrock.
The new shirt is priced from £49.99 for adults and £39.99 for youngsters, and will be essential wear for Hammers supporters.
The new home goalkeeper kit is also launched today with Adrian and Jussi Jaaskelainen set to don the yellow shirts with claret trim this season.
Season Ticket Holders acan attend an exclusive shopping evening on Wednesday, July 16, allowing them to get their hands on the new kits before anyone else.
The club points out that first-team players’ names and numbers cannot be printed until all squad numbers are finalised.