Hammers hero Jonjo reaches �81,000 for Bobby Moore Fund
Big-hearted Hammers fan Jonjo Heuerman is a step closer to raising �100,000 for the Bobby Moore Fund before Christmas.
On Tuesday September 4, Jonjo, 11, will be hosting a special event at Ilford Golf Club, on Wanstead Park Road, for around 130 people to play a round with players with West Ham United stars such as Tony Cottee, and Brian Dear.
Jonjo, and his supportive fundraising family, are hoping around eight Hammers from the 1986 team will confirm their attendance and pie and mash will be served.
Tickets are �25 and all proceeds will add to Jonjo’s effort to help those with bowel cancer through the Bobby Moore Fund.
Dedicated West Ham fan Jonjo hopes to raise �100,000 by Christmas and estimates suggest his total currently stands at �81,000 so he still has �19,000 to go before he’s satisfied.
His first charity walk was completed in 2011 in memory of the former England captain and his grandmother, Lyn.
A group of five West Ham fans also jumped out of a plane to raise money for the Bobby Moore Fund on Monday August 20, adding another �2,500 to Jonjo’s total.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 3 Inside east London's new £30m Olympic-size ice centre
- 4 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 5 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 6 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 9 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
Jonjo’s mother Donna said: “Afterwards, they were over the moon and they want to do it again now.”
So dedicated were Jonjo’s airborne supporters they missed the first Hammers match of the season after the group found out they were only able to jump in the evening that day.
Donna also said Stephanie Moore, Bobby’s widow, told Jonjo that for every �10,000 he raises, he saves a life.
For more information and to nab a spot at the Ilford Golf Club event, call 020 8554 2930 and ask for Ian Morgan.
To donate to Jonjo’s cause, visit www.justgiving.com/fornannyandbobby or visit www.fornannyandbobby.moonfruit.com.