Hammers hero Jonjo reaches �81,000 for Bobby Moore Fund
Big-hearted Hammers fan Jonjo Heuerman is a step closer to raising �100,000 for the Bobby Moore Fund before Christmas.
On Tuesday September 4, Jonjo, 11, will be hosting a special event at Ilford Golf Club, on Wanstead Park Road, for around 130 people to play a round with players with West Ham United stars such as Tony Cottee, and Brian Dear.
Jonjo, and his supportive fundraising family, are hoping around eight Hammers from the 1986 team will confirm their attendance and pie and mash will be served.
Tickets are �25 and all proceeds will add to Jonjo’s effort to help those with bowel cancer through the Bobby Moore Fund.
Dedicated West Ham fan Jonjo hopes to raise �100,000 by Christmas and estimates suggest his total currently stands at �81,000 so he still has �19,000 to go before he’s satisfied.
You may also want to watch:
His first charity walk was completed in 2011 in memory of the former England captain and his grandmother, Lyn.
A group of five West Ham fans also jumped out of a plane to raise money for the Bobby Moore Fund on Monday August 20, adding another �2,500 to Jonjo’s total.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 4 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 5 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 6 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 9 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 10 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
Jonjo’s mother Donna said: “Afterwards, they were over the moon and they want to do it again now.”
So dedicated were Jonjo’s airborne supporters they missed the first Hammers match of the season after the group found out they were only able to jump in the evening that day.
Donna also said Stephanie Moore, Bobby’s widow, told Jonjo that for every �10,000 he raises, he saves a life.
For more information and to nab a spot at the Ilford Golf Club event, call 020 8554 2930 and ask for Ian Morgan.
To donate to Jonjo’s cause, visit www.justgiving.com/fornannyandbobby or visit www.fornannyandbobby.moonfruit.com.