HALF-TIME: Orient 0 Rochdale 1 Late O’Grady strike puts O’s on back foot
Rochdale take lead just before half time
HALF-TIME: Orient Rochdale
CHRIS O’GRADY fired Rochdale ahead on the stroke of half-time when he converted a right wing cross from Brian Marry-Murphy.
The Dale striker got behind Eliot Omozusi, who was waiting for an offside flag that never came, and O’Gray fired the ball home from a tight angle on the edge of the six-yard box.
Orient, desperate for points to climb out of the bottom four, failed to take the game by the scruff of the neck.
Both teams knocked the ball about well, but failed to test the goalkeepers in a low-key opening
It was former Orient loanee Nicky Adams who had the first real chance, but from 10 yards out he fired his effort into the arms of Orient keeper Lee Butcher, who retained his place in the side, despite fit-again Jamie Jones returning to the bench.
- 1 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 2 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 3 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
- 4 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 5 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 8 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 9 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
- 10 Old Bailey courts closed as barrister strike action gets under way
Orient reponded and Ryan Jarvis, making a rare start with Scott McLeish and Paul-Jose Mpoku both unfit, sent a header over the bar following a left-wing cross from Dean Cox.
Then Alex Revell might have done better but headed over after Matthew Spring provided a defence-splitting ball into the danger area,
Ten minutes before the break Revell went close again with a header after Cox provided the cross from the left, but there were few highlights in a disappointing first half.
Just as it looked as if the first half would end goaless Rochdale struck and the half-time whistle was greeted with a chorus of boos.
Orient: Butcher, Omozusi, Chorley, Forbes, Daniels, Spring, Smith, Dawson, Cox, Revell, Jarvis. Subs: Jones, Whing, Brown, Chambers, Tehoue, Cestor, Walker.