Hairs to you!
THINGS are getting hairy at a Plaistow primary school.
Joe Fisher and Alistair Anderson are among six teachers at New City Primary in New City Road taking part in a charity beard growing competition.
The idea was the brainchild of Joe who said: “Our head teacher is always encouraging staff to think of exciting and different ways of raising money for the school – this one we haven’t tried before.
“And with a highly competitive streak among my colleagues, I am on the look out for all sorts of tricks to be tried.
“We are accepting sponsorships and the money raised will be split between the school and the winning beard’s chosen charity.”
With the competition lasting one month, there could be some lengthy beards by the end of it.
Head teacher and judge Jackie Withnall said: “I get asked to judge lots of competitions in school – but never like this one before.
- 1 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 2 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 5 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 8 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 9 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 10 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
“I think it’s going to be a hard task. I might have to ask for some help.”
Hairs to you New City teachers, as everyone looks forward to seeing your fully grown, and proud new beards.