Hairs to you!
THINGS are getting hairy at a Plaistow primary school.
Joe Fisher and Alistair Anderson are among six teachers at New City Primary in New City Road taking part in a charity beard growing competition.
The idea was the brainchild of Joe who said: “Our head teacher is always encouraging staff to think of exciting and different ways of raising money for the school – this one we haven’t tried before.
“And with a highly competitive streak among my colleagues, I am on the look out for all sorts of tricks to be tried.
“We are accepting sponsorships and the money raised will be split between the school and the winning beard’s chosen charity.”
You may also want to watch:
With the competition lasting one month, there could be some lengthy beards by the end of it.
Head teacher and judge Jackie Withnall said: “I get asked to judge lots of competitions in school – but never like this one before.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
“I think it’s going to be a hard task. I might have to ask for some help.”
Hairs to you New City teachers, as everyone looks forward to seeing your fully grown, and proud new beards.