Green fingered helpers needed to plant display at Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Would-be gardeners are being invited to use their green fingers tomorrow by helping to plant what could be London’s very first edible postcode.
Children and adults can kick-start their half term holiday by taking part in a planting day in the former Athlete’s Village where they will be creating a 3D display with herbs that will read #MyE20.
The bright pink design will be based on a grassy slope allowing the tasty display to be seen by commuters arriving at East Village from Stratford International train station.
The event is being organised by Get Living London, which rent homes in the former Athlete’s Village, and the work of art (and herbs) will be planted in front its offices.
Get Living London’s green fingered helpers will be treated to tea and cake and will also leave with their own herbs in biodegradable pots.
You may also want to watch:
The planting will take place from 11am until 3pm.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 8 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 'Hi-tech AI' butcher's shop opening in Stratford